Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I stole this from Cherissa

From A Reason for God by Tim Keller:

The biblical view of things is resurrection--not a future that is just a consolation for the life we never had but a restoration of the life you always wanted. This means that every horrible thing that ever happened will not only be undone and repaired but will in some way make the eventual glory and joy even greater.


Personal addition: This reminds me of God's words in Joel 2:25: "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten".

(And yes, that's probably the only verse I know in Joel. I thought it was in Habakkuk till I looked it up.)

Also worth mentioning:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet
inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles
are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our
eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

1 comment:

The Frugal Muse said...

Steal away! I'm glad you liked it. I stole it from someone else, so I suppose I had it coming. :-) Miss you, friend!