Emma Kate came home after six days in the hospital for her jaundice. We were so thankful! However, last Friday night she was admitted to Children's Hospital after not eating for 12 hours. She's not rooting, not sucking, is lethargic, and has some other concerning symptoms. She's now had a battery of tests, including a lumbar puncture (spinal tap), to try to determine the cause. She did have some white blood cells in her spinal fluid, though the levels were not yet dangerous. Tonight will mark 48 hrs of the IV antibiotic and the fluid IV. Apparently they're very concerned with any infection less than 28 days after birth, because there's no blood/brain barrier; the infection can go everywhere. She showed interest in nursing at one point during this stay, but isn't any more, and continues to be so lethargic she barely cries.
Please pray for the doctors' wisdom and for a diagnosis--one that is easily treatable. Pray also for great peace and faith for Keri and Steven, who are handling this with so much grace. Most of all, pray for God's glory, and His good and perfect will.
On a much, much lesser note, John and I are drawing near to the 30-day mark from what would be Baden's first day of school. If we don't sell our home within the next week or so, we're probably looking at homeschooling. This is fairly overwhelming for me, and as I looked at curriculum this week, I was praying for more wisdom. On an encouraging note, we had a very positive showing today that may (or may not) result in an offer this week. We'd appreciate your prayers for God's best for our family. I must admit that my concern with Emma outweighs even this decision right now.
Thanks for praying, friends.