Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life insights from my four-year-old

Scene: Mommy has been crying because she just got an e-mail that, as we had been anticipating, David just passed away. Her back is to Baden.

Mommy: Baden, I want to let you know that I just found out that David went to be with Jesus today.

Baden (like hearing a juicy bit of gossip): I hearrr-rd!

***

Scene: Mommy is praying after kids' bedtime, a little nervous about the prospect of sharing Jesus with next-door-neighbor.

Baden enters stage left with yet another creative bedtime request. Upon leaving, turns around and quotes from the Psalty CD he's been listening to...

Baden: Remember, Mom, it's not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit.

(Big hugs from Mom.)

***
Scene: Mommy calls Baden on her cell phone to make a better apology for yelling at Baden this morning.

Baden: Mommy, I forgive you. And I want to let you know that even when you do bad things, I still love you. And I want to let you know that even when you do bad things, God still loves you.

Mommy nearly cries, then laughs, and certainly feels even worse about yelling at Baden: I love you so much, Buddy.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Adorable quotes! :-)