Thursday, October 17, 2013

The little things

In the past 24 hours, I:
1. drank water out of the tap
2. walked on carpet
3. ate at Chick-Fil-A
4. traveled on a road without a SINGLE pothole, folks!
5. passed about 20x the number of stoplights in Kampala
6. chose between, literally, about 30 different varieties of butter or margarine (good grief!)
7. saw a person wearing braces on their teeth
8. watched my kids wolf down breakfast cereal to their hearts' content
9. drank coffee from a Keurig
10. sat on a comfortable couch
11. whipped up a casserole with cream-of-something soups (okay, not the healthiest...but oh-so-easy!)
12. taught two of my kids to use a water fountain; got a fun little squeal!
13. went jogging on a sidewalk 
14. watched my kids play on a public playground
15. took a hot shower!
16. recycled something
17. picked out my own hair products, and shipped them nowhere
18. watched the kids drink up unlimited wi-fi
19. listened to my kids chant, "Christmas came early this year! We went to Chick-fil-A AND Target AND the grocery store with Grandma!"
20. threw my arms around the neck of my relatives

It's good to be back.
 
:)

2 comments:

Ruthie H. said...

This post made me smile! I am glad you are enjoying all of those "homey" things. May God abundantly bless you and yours in your time there. :)

John and Janel Breitenstein said...

Thanks, Ruthie! It's always great to hear your encouragement :).