Sunday, March 16, 2008

Latest little familia update, #3

Well, notta lotta, but if you want to hear the latest:

Corinne: Still only creeping backwards, but full of so much personality. Definitely knows what she wants--and when she wants it (i.e. now), but has a great laugh and is innately curious. Does this great little thing with her head, laying it on your shoulder when she wakes up (always happy to see you!) or meets someone new. Getting wisps of very curly hair. Talks with her feet, kicking with excitement or interest. Loves the outdoors and her johnny jump-up.

Will: Talking up a storm; great belly laugh. He and Baden are best friends. Very nearly potty trained (YAHOO). Sick with a high fever this week :(. Love to hear him talk; I'm always amazed by what he comprehends. Likes to sing with me; he fills in words I leave out.

Baden: Starting to sound out words that end in "at" with his magnets, but I have to approach it casually, because as always, if it's not his idea, it's not a good one. Really showing a lot of compassion and desire to help lately: "I'll pick that up because you're making dinner"! Loves to teach something. Asks great questions. Growing up so fast--to school in a year and a half--that I feel like my life is passing before my eyes. Such precious times.

John and me: Our lives seem to leave us tired, but I genuinely believe we're expending ourselves in ways God wants us to, leaving us fulfilled. I'm experiencing more satisfaction at work, feeling like my contributions are valuable with the change of our Publisher (big boss). I struggle with the day-to-day endurance of being a mom and sensing my lack of holiness in it: so much to learn. Our home is racking up its share of needed repairs, which contributes to John's stress, but God continues to provide for us and generously give us His favor in a number of ways.

No comments: