Friday, March 12, 2010

Heaven is like...




My little girl spent the night at Grandma's this week, which very well may be her favorite place in the entire world. She ate waffles for breakfast and got to watch Clifford and Curious George. Tonight, she asked, "Mom, can I wake up at Grandma's?"

A couple of friends of mine are struggling in battles with cancer. Heaven provides me such hope as my heart twists for their anguish and pain. I think about Heaven a lot anyway, and tonight I found myself comforted: Heaven has got to be a little like waking up in your favorite place in the whole world--with someone you love waiting to hug you, and your favorite breakfast sitting at your place at the table.

3 comments:

The Helmicks said...

Hmmm, that sounds fantastic! Keri and I are reading Randy Alcorn's trilogy (Deadline, Dominion, and Deception) right now and we have had some really enjoyable thoughts on Heaven as well. I appreciate this fun thought of our future home!

Steven

Jessica Marie said...

Hello! just browsing some blogs and I came across this...

Cancer is so hard. It seems that everyone is affected. I just love the way that this was put...talk about alleviating pain.

Thank your little one for me. :)

bragi said...

wow..... this is awesome... the way you think i mean. and how grand it is indeed to have your baby grow up knowing there is love all around!!!